Leveraging the breadth and depth of an open source platform that's widely accepted and proven for brands across industries—but also nimble and customizable.
We decided Drupal checked off the boxes for what we needed:
- Free and open source code base.
- Underpinnings in tech used widely across the globe—including PHP, the PHP Symfony Framework and MySQL.
- Widely used CMS framework with an active, forward-thinking community.
- 20k+ active developers contributing modules.
- Over a million sites hosted—from small to large.
- Thousands of free modules and themes.
- Ability to use or add onto existing modules… or create completely new ones!
- A more user-friendly out-of-the-box admin that came with the release of Drupal 8 and Drupal 9
- Dedicated security team to regularly investigate & track issues and prepare security announcements for Drupal core and the community module library.
Our Drupal Enhancements
Since the Drupal community did a lot of the heavy lifting, our mission with ZenSource was to make it even better with built-in features of our own.
We took foundational Drupal models and then built our own code-based distribution with the following features:
- We vetted and improved upon what’s already in the community to get site builds out of the gate quicker.
- By scanning custom functionality for code depreciations, we ensure maximum scalability, as well as making sure all features are integrated and compatible with Drupal core.
- We developed out-of-the-box modules from a range of simple content widgets and page layouts to more advanced people finders, news directories and site search.
- The architecture is designed to make implementing, hosting and supporting a site on ZenSource cost an average of 20-30% less than if you were to host on a proprietary platform.
- Our optimized Drupal admin makes page-building 10x faster than most proprietary CMS editors and takes 1/3 of the time to learn.
- Easy to use and constantly evolving, the admin was designed with both marketers and technologists in mind to provide a frictionless interface.
- Scale for any size organization with a robust workflow and multi-site management.
- Each ZenSource feature is built with security and accessibility in mind.
- We leverage AWS for data encryption, storage and hosting.
- It contains its own Axe Engine for crawling and each ZS feature is maintained for WCAG 2.1 AA.
|ZenSource Chose Drupal Because...||And We Enhanced Drupal by...|
|The code base is free and open source.||Taking foundational Drupal modules and vetting, as well as improving what’s already in the community to get site builds out of the gate quicker.|
|It has underpinnings in technologies used widely around the globe including PHP, the PHP Symfony Framework and MySQL.||Ensuring maximum scalability and longevity by vetting Drupal modules, scanning custom functionality for code deprecations, and making sure all features are integrated and compatible with Drupal Core.|
|It's a widely used open source CMS framework with a very active, forward thinking community.||Making turnkey modules OOTB that have been developed from a range from simple content widgets and page layouts to more advanced people finders, news directories, and site search.|
|It has 20K+ active developers contributing modules.||Designing an architecture to make implementing, hosting and supporting a site on ZenSource cost an average of 20-30% less than that of proprietary.|
|There are over a million sites hosted on it from small to very large.||Optimizing the Drupal admin and making page building is 10x faster than most proprietary CMS editors and takes 1/3 of the time to learn.|
|It has thousands of free modules for site functionality.||Designing an admin with both marketers and technologists in mind to provide a frictionless interface. It’s incredibly easy to use and its constantly evolving based on user feedback.|
|It has the ability to create new modules, use what’s existing, add on to existing ones.||Adding robust user workflow and multi-site management allow it to scale for any size organization.|
|With release of Drupal 8 and 9, the UI and author tools are designed for content authors.||Making each feature come with security in mind by leveraging AWS for data encryption, storage and hosting .|
|The dedicated security team regularly investigates and track issues, as well as prepares security announcements, for both Drupal core and the community module library.||Adding its own Axe Engine to crawl the site for errors and make each ZenSource feature maintained for WCAG 2.1 AA|
Try ZenSource for Yourself
Skip the slick sales presentations: Let our team take you through the ZenSource experience with a demo catered to your needs. Whether you're upgrading Drupal, need better support or a new place to host your web apps, we can help.